Project benefits and outcomes
The Majura Parkway project will provide a range of benefits including:
- improved traffic flow and safety;
- additional capacity on the ACT road network;
- reduced travel times;
- improved access to the Majura Valley;
- dedicated on-road cycle lanes to encourage cycling;
- improved access to the national and regional freight route; and
- supporting infrastructure for the Canberra International Airport to become a major international freight and commuter hub.
The design of Majura Parkway aims to have limited impact on existing land uses where possible as well as protect the important natural and heritage features of the Majura Valley.
For additional information, the Canberra Spatial Plan and the Economic White Paper highlight other benefits of the Majura Parkway project. The project is also consistent with the Roads ACT Strategic Asset Management Plan in terms of adequate capacity and levels of service on the main road network and addressing the objectives of the ACT Sustainable Transport Plan.
ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.